Thyme roasted beets
Tip: If you don't want to peel hot beets, you can peel and cut raw beets, toss with oil and seasonings and roast for about 25 minutes.
- Wrap 2 medium red beets in aluminum foil.
- Bake 40 minutes 400 F.
- Peel and cut into chunks.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Add 1 teaspoon ground black pepper.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Add 1 teaspoon fresh thyme.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Roast 5 to 10 minutes until hot.
- Finish with 1 teaspoon of additional fresh thyme.
Created by the executive wellness chef and registered dietitians at the Mayo Clinic Healthy Living Program.