March 20, 2018
Find the complete recipe at: http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/recipes/smoked-gouda-vegetable-risotto/rcp-20197753
Smoked Gouda vegetable risotto
Tip: Change this risotto with the seasons. In summer, try asparagus and zucchini. In fall, butternut squash and peppers.
- Add 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- Add 1 cup chopped onions.
- Add 1 cup chopped carrots.
- Add 1 tablespoon minced garlic.
- Saute until vegetables are soft.
- Add 2 cups cooked brown sushi rice.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour in 1/2 cup white wine stirring continuously.
- Pour in 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken stock when liquid is absorbed.
- Stir continuously.
- Continue adding another 1/2 cup wine and 1 1/2 cups stock in small increments.
- Add 3 cups crimini mushrooms.
- Add 3 cups cherry or sweet grape tomatoes.
- Add 1/2 cup shredded smoked Gouda cheese.
- Add 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme.
- Stir until cheese is incorporated.
- Add 1/4 cup half-and-half.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Add pinch black pepper.
Created by the executive wellness chef and registered dietitians at the Mayo Clinic Healthy Living Program.