Aug. 24, 2018
Find the complete recipe at: http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/recipes/6-grain-hot-cereal/rcp-20197750
6-grain hot cereal
Tip: Make a big batch of this cereal on the weekend and reheat all week. Top with fruit or yogurt to add natural sweetness.
- Add 1/2 cup uncooked pearl barley
- Add 1/2 cup uncooked red wheat berries
- Add 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice
- Add 1/4 cup uncooked steel cut oats
- Add 3 tablespoons uncooked quinoa
- Add 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pour 1 1/2 quarts water
- Boil over medium heat
- Simmer 45 minutes
Created by the executive wellness chef and registered dietitians at the Mayo Clinic Healthy Living Program.