Roasted Cornish hen
Tip: The hen will continue to cook while it's resting, so pull it out of the oven before it reaches your desired doneness.
- Place 2 pounds Cornish hen in baking dish.
- Add 1 orange.
- Add 1 garlic clove.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary.
- Add another 1/2 teaspoon thyme and rosemary.
- Add 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt.
- Gently slide 1 garlic clove underneath skin.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes at 375 F.
- Let rest for 10 to 15 minutes until internal temperature is 165 F.
Created by the executive wellness chef and registered dietitians at the Mayo Clinic Healthy Living Program.