March 21, 2018
Find the complete recipe at: http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/recipes/sweet-potato-souffle/rcp-20197764
Sweet potato souffle
Tip: You can bake and mash sweet potatoes a few days in advance and freeze until ready to use.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs.
- Add 4 cups mashed sweet potatoes.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon unsalted butter.
- Add 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and ground black pepper.
- Add pinch of ground nutmeg.
- Add 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch.
- Add 1 1/3 cup skim milk.
- Add cornstarch slurry to pan.
- Boil while stirring frequently.
- Stir in 1/2 cup Gruyere cheese.
- Whip 3 egg whites to firm peaks.
- Fold into sweet potato mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 375 F.
Created by the executive wellness chef and registered dietitians at the Mayo Clinic Healthy Living Program.