March 22, 2018
Find the complete recipe at: http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/recipes/turkey-pesto-melt/rcp-20197769
Turkey pesto melt
Tip: Keep leftover Basil Pesto Mayo in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Use on sandwiches or as a cold pasta salad dressing.
- Add 1 cup fresh basil leaves.
- Add 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds.
- Add 1/4 cup fresh Parmesan cheese.
- Add 3 cloves minced garlic.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt.
- Process until well-blended.
- Add 1 cup reduced fat mayonnaise.
- Lightly coat 4 pieces whole-wheat bread with cooking spray and place coated side down.
- Spread 1 1/2 tablespoons basil pesto mayo.
- Place 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Add 4 ounces reduced-sodium sliced turkey.
- Add 2 slices tomato.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes at 375 F.
Created by the executive wellness chef and registered dietitians at the Mayo Clinic Healthy Living Program.