Roasted red pepper pesto
Tip: Traditional pesto is made with basil and pine nuts, but you can experiment with many variations. This one's a winner!
- Place 4 whole red bell peppers on direct heat.
- Turn peppers as outer skin blackens.
- Cover and steam 5 to 10 minutes.
- Peel cooled peppers.
- Add 4 roasted red bell peppers.
- Add 3 cups fresh basil leaves.
- Add 3 tablespoons pumpkin seeds.
- Add 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Add 1 teaspoon garlic.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt.
Created by the executive wellness chef and registered dietitians at the Mayo Clinic Healthy Living Program.