March 16, 2018
Find the complete recipe at: http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/recipes/italian-meatballs/rcp-20197724
Tip: Weekend cooking project: Make meatballs and chill in fridge. Freeze up to 3 months. Thaw in fridge overnight and bake, when ready.
- Add 1/3 large onion.
- Add 2 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic.
- Saute 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add 6 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese.
- Add 1/3 cup chopped Italian parsley.
- Add 1 1/2 tablespoons egg substitute.
- Add 1 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper.
- Add 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef.
- Gently mix with hands until combined.
- Form 1-inch meatballs.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes at 350 F.
Created by the executive wellness chef and registered dietitians at the Mayo Clinic Healthy Living Program.