Overnight orange cinnamon baked French toast
Tip: This easy breakfast is great for houseguests. Serve with a sprinkle of powdered sugar and fresh fruit.
- Add 8 slices whole-wheat bread.
- Add 8 eggs.
- Add 1 cup orange juice.
- Add 1 cup skim milk.
- Add 2 tablespoons brown sugar.
- Add 2 teaspoons vanilla extract.
- Add 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- Whisk until well-mixed.
- Pour egg mixture over bread.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake 30 minutes at 350 F.
- Remove foil and bake 10 to 15 more minutes.
Created by the executive wellness chef and registered dietitians at the Mayo Clinic Healthy Living Program.