Fried rice with mushrooms
Tip: This fried rice is as flavorful as your favorite takeout version, but it's packed with brown rice and veggies.
- Add 1 teaspoon sesame oil.
- Add 1/2 cup diced onion.
- Add 1/2 cup diced carrot.
- Add 1/2 cup diced celery.
- Cook 2 minutes.
- Add 1 cup sliced mushrooms.
- Add 2 tablespoons sliced scallions.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger root.
- Add 1 teaspoon chopped garlic.
- Stir 1 minute.
- Add 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce.
- Add 1/4 cup peas.
- Add 1 cup egg substitute.
- Add 2 cups cooked brown rice.
- Heat thoroughly.
Created by the executive wellness chef and registered dietitians at the Mayo Clinic Healthy Living Program.