Cranberry pecan rice pilaf
Tip: Once you get the hang of this formula to bulk up rice, change the nuts and dried fruit to suit your taste.
- Add 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil.
- Add 1 cup chopped onion.
- Add 3/4 cup chopped celery.
- Cook until softened.
- Add 2 cups cooked brown basmati rice.
- Add 1/2 cup chopped pecans.
- Add 1/2 cup dried cranberries.
- Add 1 tablespoon fresh thyme.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt.
- Stir until combined.
Created by the executive wellness chef and registered dietitians at the Mayo Clinic Healthy Living Program.