Specialists in the Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology at Mayo Clinic have internationally recognized expertise and experience treating people with digestive conditions. Division specialists work with a team of doctors trained in many areas to determine the most appropriate treatment for your individual needs.
The Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology offers several endoscopic procedures and clinical services, including but not limited to those listed below. Not all services may be available at all locations. Please confirm when you request an appointment.
- Anorectal function tests, including evaluation of constipation and fecal incontinence.
- Clinical nutrition, with emphasis on malnutrition from gastrointestinal diseases.
- Diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy, including enteral stents, biliary stents, banding of esophageal varices, small bowel enteroscopy, endoscopic treatment for gastrointestinal bleeding and endoscopic ultrasound.
- Radiofrequency treatment for Barrett's esophagus or early esophageal cancer, minimally invasive anti-reflux procedures and anti-reflux surgery for heartburn and gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Evaluations for liver transplant and post-transplant care.
- State-of-the-art testing for GI motility disorders, including chronic constipation. Tests include radionuclide gastric and intestinal transit studies, 24-hour pH monitoring, esophageal, gastroduodenal and colonic motility, ambulatory motility recordings and provocative testing for noncardiac chest pain.
April 23, 2022
Gastroenterology and Hepatology