Requesting an Appointment
International patients can request an appointment at any Mayo Clinic location with the online form (below). A representative from one of Mayo's international appointment offices will respond to your request within three business days.
In most cases, a physician referral is not necessary to set up an appointment. Many patients schedule their own appointments at Mayo Clinic.
Patients or their physicians also may request an appointment by email, phone or fax. Patients in the United Kingdom may contact the Mayo Clinic Healthcare clinic in London. For patients in Canada, Colombia, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Panama and Peru, Mayo Clinic offers additional appointment assistance through an experienced local contact.
For all Mayo Clinic locations
International appointment offices
Mayo Clinic in Florida
- 904-953-7329 (Fax)
- Office hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Eastern time) Monday through Friday
Mayo Clinic in Minnesota
- 507-538-7802 (Fax)
- Office hours: 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Central time) Monday through Friday
Mayo Clinic in Arizona
- 480-301-9184 (Fax)
- Call toll free from Mexico: 001-800-010-1390
- Office hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Mountain Standard Time) Monday through Friday
When arranging an appointment, please provide:
- the patient's name as it appears on the passport (last, first, middle)
- patient's gender
- patient's address
- patient's date of birth
- direct patient telephone number
- direct patient fax number
- patient's email address (if available)
- a brief explanation of the current medical problem (in English)
- the preferred date of appointment
- whether the patient will need an interpreter, and if so, what language
In most cases, Mayo Clinic doctors provide both diagnosis and treatment within the same patient visit. Doctors usually can report diagnostic test results to patients one or two days after testing is completed. The schedule of appointments for tests, physician consultation and treatment can often be compressed into a short period for international patients. This means less time away from home, less expense and more efficient use of patients' and family members' time.