Requesting an Appointment
International patients can request an appointment at any Mayo Clinic location in the U.S. with the online form (below). Patients looking for an appointment in the U.K. may contact the Mayo Clinic Healthcare clinic in London. A representative from one of Mayo's international appointment offices will respond to your request within three business days.
In most cases, a physician referral is not necessary to set up an appointment. Many patients schedule their own appointments at Mayo Clinic.
For patients in Canada, Colombia, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Panama and Peru, Mayo Clinic offers additional appointment assistance through an experienced local contact.
For all Mayo Clinic locations in the U.S.
International appointment offices
Mayo Clinic in Florida
- 904-953-7000 (English telephone)
- Office hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Eastern time) Monday through Friday
Mayo Clinic in Minnesota
- 507-284-8884 (English telephone)
- Office hours: 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Central time) Monday through Friday
Mayo Clinic in Arizona
- 480-301-7101 (English telephone)
- Call toll free from Mexico: 001-800-010-1390
- Office hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Mountain Standard Time) Monday through Friday
Mayo Clinic Healthcare located in London
- +44 (0) 207 871 2575 (English telephone)
- Office hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. (United Kingdom time) Monday through Friday
When arranging an appointment, please provide:
- the patient's name as it appears on the passport (last, first, middle)
- patient's gender
- patient's address
- patient's date of birth
- direct patient telephone number
- direct patient fax number
- patient's email address (if available)
- a brief explanation of the current medical problem (in English)
- the preferred date of appointment
- whether the patient will need an interpreter, and if so, what language
In most cases, Mayo Clinic doctors provide both diagnosis and treatment within the same patient visit. Doctors usually can report diagnostic test results to patients one or two days after testing is completed. The schedule of appointments for tests, physician consultation and treatment can often be compressed into a short period for international patients. This means less time away from home, less expense and more efficient use of patients' and family members' time.