Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments with related expertise
Areas that research this procedure
Doctors who perform this procedure
Displaying 1-1 out of 1 doctors available
- Rochester, MN
Areas of focus:
PET/CT scan, Positron emission tomography scan, Epilepsy
Radiologists and scientists who have training in PET scans and other imaging technologies study how best to use PET scans to predict and diagnose a wide range of diseases and conditions. In 2012, Mayo Clinic received approval from the Food and Drug Administration to produce and administer Choline C-11 injection, which is an imaging agent used during PET scanning to help detect sites of recurrent prostate cancer. Mayo Clinic is the first institution in North America approved to produce Choline C-11.
See a list of publications about PET scans by Mayo authors on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Positron emission tomography scan care at Mayo Clinic
Aug. 10, 2021
- Positron emission tomography — Computed tomography (PET/CT). Radiological Society of North America. https://www.radiologyinfo.org/en/info.cfm?pg=PET. Accessed April 6, 2021.
- What is PET? Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging. https://www.snmmi.org/AboutSNMMI/Content.aspx?ItemNumber=5649. Accessed April 6, 2021.
- Umterrainer M, et al. Recent advances of PET imaging in clinical radiation oncology. Radiation Oncology. 2020; doi:10.1186/s13014-020-01519-1.
- Adam A, et al., eds. Adrenal imaging. In: Grainger and Allison's Diagnostic Radiology. 7th ed. Elsevier; 2021. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed April 6, 2021.
- ACR-SPR practice parameter for performing FDG-PET/CT in oncology. American College of Radiology. https://www.acr.org/Clinical-Resources/Practice-Parameters-and-Technical-Standards/Practice-Parameters-by-Modality. Accessed April 6, 2021.
- Cervical cancer. Radiological Society of North America. https://www.radiologyinfo.org/en/info.cfm?pg=cervicalcancer. Accessed April 8, 2021.
- Morrow ES. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic. April 6, 2021.
- Collins DA (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic. April 24, 2021.
Products & Services
Positron emission tomography scan