Charitable Care and Financial Assistance at Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic's mission is to provide the best care to every patient through integrated clinical practice, education and research. Mayo Clinic strives to benefit humanity through work in these three areas, while supporting the communities in which we live and work. Mayo Clinic appropriately serves patients in difficult financial circumstances and offers financial assistance to those who have an established need to receive medically necessary services and meet criteria for assistance.
Mayo Clinic seeks to provide support for those unable to pay for medically necessary care. Services include:
- Using fair and consistent billing and collection practices, including charitable care and financial assistance policies and a standard application process
- Providing extended payment plan options and medically necessary services at reduced rates or at no cost for patients eligible for financial assistance
- Providing emergency care, regardless of ability to pay
Mayo Clinic determines the need for financial assistance by reviewing the medically necessary services requested by the referring provider; any care previously provided; available insurance coverage or other sources of payment; and an applicant's financial profile. This method allows for a fair and accurate way to assist patients who are experiencing financial hardship.
Required financial information may include annual household income, applicable assets, household size, and confirmation of application for all sources of coverage, including Medicaid, if eligible. International patients are not generally eligible for financial assistance.
If you're experiencing financial hardship, please contact Patient Account Services to discuss options such as a payment plan or financial assistance. You may visit our offices in any of the following locations:
Mayo Clinic's campuses in Arizona
- Mayo Clinic Building, Scottsdale campus
- Mayo Clinic Specialty Building, Phoenix campus
- Mayo Clinic Hospital, Phoenix campus
You may also call Patient Account Services toll free at 844-217-9591 Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mountain time.
Mayo Clinic's campus in Florida
- Davis Building
- Mayo Clinic Hospital
- Mayo Building
You may also call Patient Account Services toll free at 844-217-9591 Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern time.
Mayo Clinic's campus in Minnesota
- Mayo Clinic — Gonda Building, Lobby Level East
- Mayo Clinic Hospital, Methodist Campus — Eisenberg Building, Lobby Level
- Mayo Clinic Hospital, Saint Marys Campus — Mary Brigh Building, Main Floor
You may also call Patient Account Services toll free at 844-217-9591 Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Central time.
A completed Mayo Clinic Financial Assistance Application (PDF) will help us evaluate your eligibility for charity care. Note that until your financial statement has been reviewed and approved by our financial counselors, you are financially responsible for your medical care. Completing a financial assistance application may not absolve you of your full financial responsibility with Mayo Clinic.
Please return the completed financial assistance application and all required information to Patient Account Services:
- Dec. 13, 2019