Mayo Clinic doctors offer expert, whole-person care to adults and children undergoing chemotherapy for cancer.
Your Mayo Clinic care team
Mayo Clinic cancer experts, including oncologists and hematologists, work as a team with other experts to provide compassionate care to people with cancer.
Mayo Clinic heart doctors (cardiologists) working in the Cardio-Oncology Clinic evaluate and treat people who have heart disease or who are at risk of heart disease before, during and after cancer treatment.
Access to the latest treatment options
Doctors at Mayo Clinic use a wide variety of individualized chemotherapy programs to treat many forms of cancer.
Ongoing research at Mayo Clinic means you may have access to new chemotherapy regimens that are not available elsewhere.
Experience you can trust
Mayo Clinic doctors have extensive experience using chemotherapy to treat cancer. More than 9,000 people undergo chemotherapy treatments at Mayo Clinic every year.
Mayo Clinic Cancer Center meets strict standards for a National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center, which recognizes scientific excellence and a multidisciplinary approach to cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
April 27, 2017
- Chemotherapy and you: Support for people with cancer. National Cancer Institute. https://www.cancer.gov/publications/patient-education/chemo-and-you. Accessed Feb. 2, 2017.
- Niederhuber JE, et al., eds. Cancer pharmacology. In: Abeloff's Clinical Oncology. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Feb. 2, 2017.
- What to expect when having chemotherapy. Cancer.Net. http://www.cancer.net/navigating-cancer-care/how-cancer-treated/chemotherapy/what-expect-when-having-chemotherapy. Accessed Feb. 2, 2017.
- Cyclophosphamide (Cytoxan). American College of Rheumatology. http://www.rheumatology.org/I-Am-A/Patient-Caregiver/Treatments/Cyclophosphamide-Cytoxan. Accessed Feb. 2, 2017.
- Riggin EA. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Oct. 6, 2016.