Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments with related expertise
Doctors who perform this procedure
Displaying 1-2 out of 2 doctors available
- Interventional Cardiologist
- Jacksonville, FL
Areas of focus:
Cardiac catheterization, Coronary angioplasty, Echocardiogram, Coronary artery disease, Heart valve disease, Ischemic heart disease
see full list in profile
- Rochester, MN
Areas of focus:
Cardiac catheterization, Cardiac ventriculography, Coronary angiography, Right heart catheterization with exercise, Chest pain, Coronary artery disease, Myocarditis
see full list in profile
Mayo Clinic researchers work to improve catheter-based diagnostic tests and treatments and find new uses for them. Doctors in Mayo Clinic's Cardiovascular Research Center conduct research on evolving technology and techniques to improve quality of care.
Some areas of research include:
- Catheter-based techniques for nonsurgical heart valve replacement
- Catheter-based techniques to close the left atrial appendage to reduce the risk of stroke
- Cell and gene therapy to treat coronary artery disease
- New devices and technologies to diagnose and treat heart disease
See a list of publications about cardiac catheterization by Mayo Clinic doctors on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Cardiac catheterization care at Mayo Clinic
June 04, 2019
- Cardiac catheterization. Merck Manual Professional Version. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/cardiovascular-disorders/cardiovascular-tests-and-procedures/cardiac-catheterization. Accessed Feb. 24, 2016.
- Cardiac catheterization. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/cath. Accessed Feb. 23, 2016.
- Cardiac catheterization. American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/HeartAttack/SymptomsDiagnosisofHeartAttack/Cardiac-Catheterization_UCM_451486_Article.jsp#.VtIxfvkrLIU. Accessed Feb. 24, 2016.
- Longo DL, et al., eds. Diagnostic cardiac catheterization and coronary angiography. In: Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine. 19th ed. New York, N.Y.: McGraw-Hill Education; 2015. http://accessmedicine.com. Accessed Feb. 24, 2016.
- Bonow RO, et al. Cardiac catheterization. In: Braunwald's Heart Disease: A Textbook of Cardiovascular Medicine. 10th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2015. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Feb. 24, 2016.
- Fuster V, et al., eds. Cardiac catheterization, cardiac angiography, and coronary blood flow and pressure measurements. In: Hurst's the Heart. 13th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2011. http://www.accessmedicine.com. Accessed Feb. 24, 2016.
- Cullen MW, et al. Transvenous, antegrade melody valve-in-valve implantation for bioprosthetic mitral and tricuspid valve dysfunction. Journal of the American College of Cardiology: Cardiovascular Interventions. 2013;6:598.
- Riggin ER. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 24, 2019.
- Barbara Woodward Lips Patient Education Center. About your pacemaker implantation. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2015.
- Rihal CS, et al. Principles of percutaneous paravalvular leak enclosure. Journal of the American College of Cardiology: Cardiovascular Interventions. 2012;5:121.
- Sorajja P, et al. Survival after alcohol septal ablation for obstructive hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Circulation. 2012;126:2374.
- Mankad R (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 1, 2016.
- AskMayoExpert. Cardiac catheterization. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2018.
- Mankad SV, et al. Transcatheter mitral valve implantation in degenerated bioprosthetic valves. Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography. 2018;31:845.
Products & Services