March 20, 2018
Find the complete recipe at: http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/recipes/white-bean-escarole-soup/rcp-20197773
White bean escarole soup
Tip: Escarole is a member of the endive family. It's less bitter than kale or chard, and it's high in folate, fiber, and vitamins A and K.
- Add 2 teaspoons olive oil.
- Add 2 cups diced onions.
- Add 2 teaspoons chopped garlic.
- Add 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add 2 cups vegetable stock.
- Add 2 cups drained cannellini beans.
- Add 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes.
- Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Process two-thirds of the soup until pureed.
- Stir puree back into pot.
- Add 4 cups escarole.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper.
Created by the executive wellness chef and registered dietitians at the Mayo Clinic Healthy Living Program.