Mayo Clinic's approach
Mayo Clinic cancer experts are trained and experienced in using the latest, most effective cancer treatment techniques. When you seek care at Mayo Clinic, a multidisciplinary team of experts works together to ensure all your needs are met and all your cancer treatment options are considered.
Advanced treatments and services
3D Printing for Cancer Treatment
Click here for an infographic to learn more
The state-of-the-art facilities and expert staff at Mayo Clinic make it possible to deliver the most innovative, progressive care anywhere. The cutting-edge treatments and services available include:
Coordinated care from a team of experts
Mayo Clinic offers a truly integrated practice, with a variety of specialists regularly working together and meeting to discuss cases. This ensures that you receive care that takes into account all of your needs and concerns. Your care team carefully weighs all of your treatment options to create a plan that's personalized for you.
Your cancer care team might include:
Other experts are included as needed. For instance, if you have other health conditions that need to be considered as you weigh your cancer treatment options, the necessary experts will be included in the discussion.
Experience you can trust
Mayo Clinic cancer specialists have extensive experience caring for people with cancer. They draw on their experience and training to provide you with exactly the care you need.
When you seek care at Mayo Clinic you can expect:
- Treatment options for all types of cancer. Mayo Clinic doctors have experience caring for people with the most common types of cancer and those with very rare types.
- Specialized care for children. The Mayo Clinic Children's Center offers a full range of pediatric experts to provide specialized care for children and teenagers.
- Access to the latest treatments. At Mayo Clinic you have access to a range of treatments from the standard treatments to those only available through clinical trials.
Expertise and rankings
Outside organizations recognize Mayo Clinic cancer specialists through accreditations, grants and rankings:
- Mayo Clinic Cancer Center meets strict standards for a National Cancer Institute comprehensive cancer center, recognizing scientific excellence and a multispecialty approach focused on cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
- Mayo Clinic is accredited by the American College of Surgeons' Commission on Cancer.
- Mayo Clinic doctors and researchers participate in research cooperatives, such as the Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology, which gives people with cancer access to the latest clinical trials.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., and Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for cancer by U.S. News & World Report.
Locations, travel and lodging
Mayo Clinic has major campuses in Phoenix and Scottsdale, Arizona; Jacksonville, Florida; and Rochester, Minnesota. The Mayo Clinic Health System has dozens of locations in several states.
For more information on visiting Mayo Clinic, choose your location below:
Costs and insurance
Mayo Clinic works with hundreds of insurance companies and is an in-network provider for millions of people.
In most cases, Mayo Clinic doesn't require a physician referral. Some insurers require referrals, or may have additional requirements for certain medical care. All appointments are prioritized on the basis of medical need.
Learn more about appointments at Mayo Clinic.
Please contact your insurance company to verify medical coverage and to obtain any needed authorization prior to your visit. Often, your insurer's customer service number is printed on the back of your insurance card.
Explore Mayo Clinic studies testing new treatments, interventions and tests as a means to prevent, detect, treat or manage this disease.