Mayo Clinic volunteers serve patients and visitors with a personal touch.
Volunteers help patients feel more comfortable while assisting Mayo staff members.
Like everyone at Mayo Clinic, volunteers have a primary concern for patients' well-being, comfort and security.
Volunteers contribute to the Mayo Clinic mission in numerous ways. They reassure anxious visitors, support a caring but busy professional staff and help ensure the individual attention that Mayo patients have come to expect.
Mayo Clinic volunteers have a variety of occupations and backgrounds and come from around the world. Approximately 60 percent are women and 40 percent are men. Some interesting facts about Mayo volunteers:
- Our volunteers range in age from 15 to 97 years.
- Over 90 high school students give their time each summer.
- 48 volunteers are husband-and-wife teams.
- The No. 1 reason why volunteers give their time and effort is gratitude for services received at Mayo Clinic.
- Each year, our volunteers contribute more than 78,000 hours to Mayo Clinic.
How can I get involved?
For more details about volunteering at Mayo Clinic, see: