Mayo Clinic's approach
- Teamwork. Mayo Clinic doctors in many areas — including heart disease specialists (cardiologists) and heart surgeons (cardiovascular surgeons) — work together as a multidisciplinary team to provide coordinated, comprehensive care.
- Experience. Mayo Clinic heart surgeons (cardiovascular surgeons) have extensive experience performing coronary artery bypass.
- Individualized care. Mayo Clinic doctors work with you to provide exactly the care you need. The Mayo Clinic staff works with you, your primary care doctor and local doctors who have training in heart conditions (cardiologists) to assist with a smooth, full recovery after coronary bypass surgery.
The Mayo Clinic experience and patient stories
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care like they've never experienced. See the stories of satisfied Mayo Clinic patients.
Expertise and rankings
Mayo Clinic's heart surgeons provide comprehensive care for more than 900 people who have coronary bypass surgery each year.
- Multidisciplinary team approach. Mayo Clinic doctors in many areas — including heart disease specialists (cardiologists), heart surgeons (cardiovascular surgeons), anesthesiologists and nurse clinicians — work together as a multidisciplinary team to provide coordinated, comprehensive care. The staff in the Cardiac Rehabilitation Program can help you improve your quality of life and health after heart surgery.
- Surgical expertise. Mayo Clinic cardiac surgeons use innovative surgical techniques, including minimally invasive heart surgery. These techniques may result in safer coronary bypass surgery, a shorter recovery period and the ability to safely perform surgery on older people.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., is ranked among the Best Hospitals for heart and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic also ranks among the Best Children's Hospitals for heart and heart surgery.
With Mayo Clinic's emphasis on collaborative care, specialists at each of the campuses — Minnesota, Arizona and Florida — interact very closely with colleagues at the other campuses and the Mayo Clinic Health System.
Learn more about Mayo Clinic's cardiovascular diseases and cardiac surgery departments' expertise and rankings.
Locations, travel and lodging
Mayo Clinic has major campuses in Phoenix and Scottsdale, Arizona; Jacksonville, Florida; and Rochester, Minnesota. The Mayo Clinic Health System has dozens of locations in several states.
For more information on visiting Mayo Clinic, choose your location below:
Costs and insurance
Mayo Clinic works with hundreds of insurance companies and is an in-network provider for millions of people.
In most cases, Mayo Clinic doesn't require a physician referral. Some insurers require referrals, or may have additional requirements for certain medical care. All appointments are prioritized on the basis of medical need.
Learn more about appointments at Mayo Clinic.
Please contact your insurance company to verify medical coverage and to obtain any needed authorization prior to your visit. Often, your insurer's customer service number is printed on the back of your insurance card.
Explore Mayo Clinic studies testing new treatments, interventions and tests as a means to prevent, detect, treat or manage this disease.
Dec. 17, 2015