Mayo Clinic's cardiac surgery practice is consistently recognized by external organizations for providing outstanding patient care. These endorsements reinforce our commitment to providing expert, whole-person care to everyone who needs healing.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., is ranked among the Best Hospitals for heart and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic also ranks among the Best Children's Hospitals for heart and heart surgery.
Mayo Clinic is also recognized for high-quality cardiology and heart surgery subspecialty care, research and education by a variety of national organizations:
- Healthcare Colloquium. The Mayo Clinic Children's Center at Mayo Clinic's campus in Minnesota has been certified by the Healthcare Colloquium as an Accredited Pediatric Heart Failure Institute.
- Extracorporeal Life Support Organization. Mayo Clinic's campuses in Arizona and Minnesota have received awards as Centers of Excellence in life support from the Extracorporeal Life Support Organization.
- Top-ranked education program. The Internal Medicine Residency program at Mayo Clinic College of Medicine at Mayo Clinic's campus in Minnesota is ranked among the top performing programs by U.S. News & World Report and Doximity. Heart specialists train in an internal medicine residency program before completing cardiology subspecialty training.
Learn more about Mayo Clinic's quality rankings.
Oct. 06, 2016
- U.S. News & World Report. U.S. News Best Hospitals 2014-15. http://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/rankings. Accessed Dec. 29, 2014.
- Tordsen BW. Surgical Information Recording System. Jan. 27, 2015.
- Find award-winning hospitals near you. American Heart Association. http://hospitalmaps.heart.org/AHAMAP/map/qimap.jsp. Accessed Jan. 27, 2015.
- Mayo Clinic Children's Center becomes first accredited pediatric heart failure institute in Minnesota and fourth in the nation. PressReleaseHeadlines.com. http://pressreleaseheadlines.com/mayo-clinic-childrens-center-accredited-pediatric-heart-failure-institute-minnesota-fourth-nation-174647. Accessed Jan. 27, 2015.
- Centers of Excellence. Extracorporeal Life Support Organization. http://www.elso.org/Excellence/CentersofExcellence.aspx. Accessed Jan. 27, 2015.
- Doctors name America's top residency programs. U.S. News & World Report. http://health.usnews.com/health-news/top-doctors/articles/2014/02/20/doctors-name-americas-top-residency-programs. Accessed Jan. 27, 2015.