Mayo Clinic's Department of Cardiovascular Medicine is consistently recognized by external organizations for providing outstanding patient care. These endorsements reinforce our commitment to providing expert, whole-person care to everyone who needs healing.
Nationally recognized expertise
Mayo Clinic campuses are nationally recognized for expertise in cardiology and cardiovascular surgery:
- Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., and Mayo Clinic in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Ariz., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for heart and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report.
- Mayo Clinic Children's Center in Rochester is ranked the No. 1 hospital in Minnesota, and the five-state region of Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin, according to U.S. News & World Report's 2021–2022 "Best Children's Hospitals" rankings.
- Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., and Mayo Clinic in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Ariz., are ranked as high performing for aortic valve replacement and transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) procedures by U.S. News & World Report. "High performing" is a designation given to the top 16% of TAVR programs across the nation (600+ programs). U.S News & World Report ranked hospitals for this procedure for the first time in 2021-2022.
Mayo Clinic is also recognized for high-quality cardiology and heart surgery subspecialty care, research and education by a variety of national organizations:
- Intersocietal Accreditation Commission Echocardiography. Mayo Clinic has been accredited by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission Echocardiography in the areas of adult transthoracic, adult transesophageal and adult stress echocardiography. Mayo Clinic's campus in Minnesota has also been accredited in pediatric transthoracic, pediatric transesophageal and fetal echocardiography.
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs. Mayo Clinic's campus in Minnesota has been accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs in invasive cardiovascular technology and advanced cardiovascular sonography.
- Top-ranked education program. The Internal Medicine Residency at Mayo Clinic College of Medicine at Mayo Clinic's campus in Minnesota is ranked among the top performing programs by Becker's Hospital Review and by Doximity. Heart specialists train in an internal medicine residency program before completing cardiology subspecialty training.
Learn more about Mayo Clinic's quality rankings.
July 22, 2021