Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments with related expertise
Areas that research this procedure
See a list of publications by Mayo Clinic authors on tracheostomy on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Tracheostomy care at Mayo Clinic
Jan. 03, 2018
- What is a tracheostomy? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/trach. Accessed March 7, 2016.
- Hall JB, et al. Tracheostomy. In: Principles of Critical Care. 4th ed. New York: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2015. http:// accessmedicine.com. Accessed March 9, 2016.
- Hyzy RC. Overview of tracheostomy. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 9, 2016.
- Bair AE. Emergent surgical cricothyrotomy (cricothyroidotomy). http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 9, 2016.
- Airway establishment and control. Merck Manual Professional Version. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/critical-care-medicine/respiratory-arrest/airway-establishment-and-control. Accessed March 11, 2016.
- Flint PW, et al. Tracheotomy. In: Cummings Otolaryngology: Head & Neck Surgery. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2015. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed March 15, 2016.
- Clinical consensus statement: Tracheostomy care. American Academy of Otolaryngology — Head and Neck Surgery. http://oto.sagepub.com/content/148/1/6. Accessed March 15, 2016.
Products & Services