Below are current clinical trials.25 studies in Cardiovascular Surgery
(open studies only).
Filter this list of studies by location, status and more.
The purpose of this study is to evaluate the efficacy and safety of RBC transfusion for support of acute anemia in cardiovascular surgery patients based on the clinical outcome of renal impairment following transfusion of red blood cells (RBCs) treated with the INTERCEPT Blood System (IBS) for Red Blood Cells compared to patients transfused with conventional RBCs.
The primary purpose of this study is to assess the feasibility of performing lung and kidney and lung ultrasound elastography among patients with critical illness from different etiologies that could be associated with volume overload.
The objective of this clinical evaluation is to assess the safety and initial effectiveness of catheter-based unilateral ablation of the right greater splanchnic nerve (GSN) in subjects having heart failure with preserved ejection fraction (HFpEF).
The purpose of this study is to test the hypothesis that Endothelial Progenitor Cells osteoblastic phenotype (EPC-OCNs) play a significant role in the process of Mitral Annular Calcification (MAC) as prognostic markers of calcific cardiac valves.
The purpose of this study is to evaluate the effect of a pre-ICU admission simulation session on post-operative delirium in the elective cardiothoracic surgical population while in the intensive care unit.
Sept. 17, 2021
- U.S. News Best Hospitals 2020-21. U.S. News & World Report. http://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/rankings. Accessed Sept. 23, 2020.
- Planning and financial services. Mayo Clinic. Feb. 26, 2019.
- Centers of Excellence. Extracorporeal Life Support Organization. https://www.elso.org/AwardofExcellence/CentersofExcellence.aspx. Accessed Dec. 9, 2020.
- Best Internal Medicine Programs. U.S. World News & Report. https://www.usnews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-medical-schools/internal-medicine-rankings. Accessed Sept. 23, 2020.
- Doximity Residency Navigator Internal Medicine Programs. Doximity, Inc. https://residency.doximity.com. Accessed Aug. 20, 2018.
- Innovative 2-step management strategy utilizing EXIT procedure for a fetus with hypoplastic left heart syndrome and intact atrial septum. Mayo Clinic Proceedings. 2019; doi: 10.1016/j.mayocp.2018.08.004.
- Gray WS (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic. Oct. 26, 2020.
- Crestanello JA (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic. Nov. 9, 2020.