Mayo Clinic physicians are committed to collaborating with referring physicians. Telephone consultations and referrals may be arranged by contacting the Referring Physician Service.
To refer a patient:
Call 480-342-2270 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mountain time, Monday through Friday. After business hours, contact the Referring Physician Service at 866-629-6362 (toll-free).
Call 904-956-3212 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern time, Monday through Friday. After business hours, contact the Referring Physician Service at 800-634-1417 (toll-free).
Call 866-827-8810 (toll-free) from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Central time, Monday through Friday.
In case of emergency or urgent transfers, contact Mayo Clinic Hospital, Saint Marys Campus, at 507-255-2910, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Cardiovascular Update is a quarterly publication with brief educational reports of cardiology and cardiovascular surgery at Mayo Clinic in Minnesota.
Cardiology, Pediatric Cardiology and Cardiovascular Surgery Staff and Services Directory
Medical Professionals Videos
Continuous professional development
Mayo Clinic offers continuous professional development courses in a learner-centered interactive format. Mayo Clinic courses are delivered by faculty who are renowned in their field and passionate about education. Participation in Mayo Clinic continuous professional development courses offers timely evidence-based practices that can be implemented immediately.
June 18, 2022
- U.S. News Best Hospitals 2020-21. U.S. News & World Report. http://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/rankings. Accessed Sept. 23, 2020.
- Planning and financial services. Mayo Clinic. Feb. 26, 2019.
- Centers of Excellence. Extracorporeal Life Support Organization. https://www.elso.org/AwardofExcellence/CentersofExcellence.aspx. Accessed Dec. 9, 2020.
- Best Internal Medicine Programs. U.S. World News & Report. https://www.usnews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-medical-schools/internal-medicine-rankings. Accessed Sept. 23, 2020.
- Doximity Residency Navigator Internal Medicine Programs. Doximity, Inc. https://residency.doximity.com. Accessed Aug. 20, 2018.
- Innovative 2-step management strategy utilizing EXIT procedure for a fetus with hypoplastic left heart syndrome and intact atrial septum. Mayo Clinic Proceedings. 2019; doi: 10.1016/j.mayocp.2018.08.004.
- Gray WS (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic. Oct. 26, 2020.
- Crestanello JA (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic. Nov. 9, 2020.