Mayo Clinic works with hundreds of insurance companies and is an in-network provider for millions of people.
In most cases, Mayo Clinic doesn't require a physician referral. Some insurers require referrals, or may have additional requirements for certain medical care. All appointments are prioritized on the basis of medical need.
Learn more about appointments at Mayo Clinic.
Please contact your insurance company to verify medical coverage and to obtain any needed authorization prior to your visit. Often, your insurer's customer service number is printed on the back of your insurance card.
June 05, 2020
- U.S. News Best Hospitals 2014-15. U.S. News & World Report. http://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/rankings. Accessed Aug. 21, 2018.
- Tordsen BW. Surgical Information Recording System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 27, 2015.
- Find award-winning hospitals near you. American Heart Association. http://hospitalmaps.heart.org/AHAMAP/map/qimap.jsp. Accessed July 31, 2018.
- Mayo Clinic Children's Center becomes first accredited pediatric heart failure institute in Minnesota and fourth in the nation. PressReleaseHeadlines.com. http://pressreleaseheadlines.com/mayo-clinic-childrens-center-accredited-pediatric-heart-failure-institute-minnesota-fourth-nation-174647. Accessed July 31, 2018.
- Centers of Excellence. Extracorporeal Life Support Organization. https://www.elso.org/AwardofExcellence/CentersofExcellence.aspx. Accessed July 31, 2018.
- Best Internal Medicine Programs. U.S. World News & Report. https://www.usnews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-medical-schools/internal-medicine-rankings. Accessed Aug. 20, 2018.
- Doximity Residency Navigator Internal Medicine Programs. Doximity, Inc. https://residency.doximity.com. Accessed Aug. 20, 2018.
- Innovative management strategy for a fetus with hypoplastic left heart syndrome and intact atrial septum. Clinical Updates. https://www.mayoclinic.org/medical-professionals/clinical-updates/cardiovascular/innovative-management-strategy-for-a-fetus-with-hypoplastic-left-heart-syndrome-and-intact-atrial-septum. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Accessed Sept. 4, 2018.