Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments with related expertise
Areas that research this procedure
Doctors who perform this procedure
Displaying 1-1 out of 1 doctors available
- Transplant Surgeon
- Phoenix, AZ
Areas of focus:
Living donor kidney transplant, Pancreas transplant, Liver transplant, Kidney transplant, Robotic surgery
Mayo Clinic researchers study new techniques and types of robotic surgery to treat a variety of conditions. They also study the outcomes of robotic surgery compared with other techniques, such as minimally invasive surgery done by hand and conventional open surgery. This research helps you and your doctors determine the best treatment approach for your condition.
See a list of publications about robotic surgery by Mayo Clinic doctors on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
View all physicians • Minnesota
Robotic surgery care at Mayo Clinic
March 26, 2021
- Paraiso MFR, et al. Robot-assisted laparoscopy. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed Dec. 5, 2017.
- Bishop JT, et al. Laparoscopic/robotic camera and lens systems. In: Atlas of Laparoscopic and Robotic Urologic Surgery. 3rd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2017. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Dec. 5, 2017.
- Khosla A, et al. Robotic surgery of the kidney, bladder, and prostate. Surgical Clinics of North America. 2016;96:615.
- FDA clears new robotically-assisted surgical device for adult patients. U.S. Food & Drug Administration. https://www.fda.gov/newsevents/newsroom/pressannouncements/ucm580452.htm. Accessed Dec. 19, 2017.
- Do robotic surgical systems improve profit margins? A cross-sectional analysis of California hospitals. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1098301517302589?via%3Dihub. Accessed Dec. 19, 2017.
- Morrow ES. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Nov. 15, 2019.
- Frank, Igor MD (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 8, 2018.
- Wilkinson, JM MD (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 8, 2018.
News from Mayo Clinic