Kyle S. Ettinger, M.D., D.D.S. is an oral and maxillofacial surgeon, with specialty interest in head and neck oncologic surgery and microvascular reconstruction. Dr. Ettinger's areas of clinical focus include:
- The removal of benign and malignant tumors of the head and neck involving the skin, face, mouth, jaws, throat, and salivary glands
- The performance of complex head and neck reconstruction using microvascular free tissue transfer (free flaps)
- Improving the delivery of care and quality of life of patients affected by cancers involving the head and neck
- Advancing the techniques of microvascular reconstruction through virtual surgical planning, computer aided modeling, and patient-specific 3D printing technology
- The use of micro-neurosurgical techniques to reconstruct injuries and pathology involving the cranial nerves of the head and neck
- Combining dental implant surgery with free tissue transfer to provide comprehensive and functional reconstruction/rehabilitation of head and neck cancer patients
In addition to his clinical activities, Dr. Ettinger is active in clinical research and surgical education. He routinely provides mentorship to oral and maxillofacial surgical residents as well as surgical residents from other surgical disciplines. Dr. Ettinger has published numerous scientific manuscripts on a multitude of topics pertaining to oral and maxillofacial surgery and head and neck oncology. He has also authored text book chapters on the diagnosis and management of head and neck sarcomas, the treatment of facial trauma, and the principles of local, regional, and free flap reconstruction of the head and neck.