Watch Mayo Clinic cardiologists and others discuss many conditions and treatments related to cardiovascular diseases and cardiovascular surgery.
The Cardiovascular Health Clinic helps people understand their heart health and reduce their risks of heart and blood vessel (cardiovascular) disease. This service is available at Mayo Clinic in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota.
Your care team may include:
- Preventive heart doctors (cardiologists).
- Exercise physiologists.
- Nurse practitioners.
- Registered nurses.
- Exercise specialists.
- Cardiopulmonary exercise test technicians.
- Registered dietitians.
The Cardiovascular Health Clinic offers advanced diagnostic and examination facilities and equipment. Mayo Clinic in Minnesota also includes a cardiac rehabilitation center with an indoor walking track, aerobic and strengthening exercise equipment, a teaching kitchen and other amenities.
When you visit the Cardiovascular Health Clinic, you may participate in a comprehensive risk assessment that might include:
- A discussion of your lifestyle habits, family health history, symptoms and quality of life.
- Laboratory tests, including blood tests and tests for inherited risk factors for heart disease.
- Tests of heart calcium and artery thickness.
- A body fat measurement.
- Other specialized tests of risk factors for heart attack or stroke.
- A physical examination.
Staff members who have expertise in preventive therapies will work with you to develop an individual plan of action to reduce your risk of heart disease. Plans may include:
You may choose a one-time evaluation or a long-term program. A one-time evaluation occurs during 1 to 3 days. Then you'll take your plan to your home primary care provider. The long-term program includes periodic follow-up for you at the Cardiovascular Health Clinic. Cardiac rehabilitation services also are available if you have known heart disease.
The Cardiovascular Health Clinic works on innovative research activities. Learn more about research in the Cardiovascular Research Center.
You may be referred by your primary care provider, or you may make an appointment without a referral. Not all services may be available at all locations.
Nationally recognized expertise
Mayo Clinic is top-ranked in more specialties than any other hospital and has been recognized as an Honor Roll member according to the U.S. News & World Report's 2023-2024 "Best Hospitals" rankings.
Mayo Clinic campuses are nationally recognized for expertise in cardiology and cardiovascular surgery:
- Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., Mayo Clinic in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Ariz., and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for heart and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report.
- Mayo Clinic Children's Center in Rochester is ranked the No. 1 hospital in Minnesota, and the five-state region of Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin, according to U.S. News & World Report's 2023–2024 "Best Children's Hospitals" rankings.
Jan. 17, 2024