The current environment presents many challenges. Mayo Clinic's highest priority is patient and staff safety. We are taking every precaution to manage patient safety to the highest standard through universal masking, enhanced safety protocols, robust screening and COVID-19 testing strategies. Mayo Clinic will continuously evaluate the circumstances at each of our sites and follow federal and state mandates.
Find resources for providers and answers to questions on referrals and testing for COVID-19 on the Medical Professionals Resource Center.
Mayo Clinic physicians are committed to collaborating with referring physicians. Telephone consultations and referrals may be arranged by contacting the Referring Physician Service. The office is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
To refer a patient:
Call 866-629-6362 (toll free) or 480-301-7085. 24 hours a day, seven days a week. From outside the U.S.: 480-301-6539.
Call 800-634-1417 (toll free) or 904-953-0321 24 hours a day, seven days a week. From outside the U.S.: 904-953-7000.
Call 855-Mayo-HRT (855-629-6478, toll-free) to speak directly with a cardiologist for specific cardiology questions or to discuss a patient's history before making a referral. After business hours, contact the Referring Physician Service at 800-533-1564 (toll-free).
Cardiologists can see most patients within a week or less after the appointment request. Patients with urgent issues can usually be seen within 24 hours after their requests.
Cardiovascular Education Offerings Course Catalog 2018
Cardiology, Pediatric Cardiology and Cardiovascular Surgery Staff and Services Directory
Resources for medical professionals
Mayo Clinic Heart Care
Heart Rhythm Services booklet
Medical Professionals Videos
Continuous professional development
Mayo Clinic offers continuous professional development courses in a learner-centered interactive format. Mayo Clinic courses are delivered by faculty who are renowned in their field and passionate about education. Participation in Mayo Clinic continuous professional development courses offers timely evidence-based practices that can be implemented immediately.
- Cardiology, Adult Congenital Heart Disease Fellowship (Minnesota)
- Cardiology, Advanced Adult Fellowship (Minnesota)
- Cardiology, Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology Fellowship (Florida)
- Cardiology, Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology Fellowship (Minnesota)
- Cardiology, Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology Fellowship (Arizona)
- Cardiology, Echocardiology Fellowship (Arizona)
- Cardiology, Echocardiology Fellowship (Minnesota)
- Cardiology, Interventional Fellowship (Minnesota)
- Cardiology, Preventive Fellowship (Minnesota)
- Cardiology, Vascular Medicine Fellowship (Minnesota)
- Cardiovascular Diseases Fellowship (Arizona)
- Cardiovascular Diseases Fellowship (Florida)
- Cardiovascular Diseases Fellowship (Minnesota)