Mayo Clinic physicians are committed to collaborating with referring physicians. Telephone consultations and referrals may be arranged by contacting the Referring Physician Service.
To refer a patient:
Call 866-629-6362 (toll-free)
Call 800-634-1417 (toll-free)
Call 855-Mayo-HRT (855-629-6478, toll-free) to speak directly with a cardiologist for specific cardiology questions or to discuss a patient's history before making a referral. After business hours, contact the Referring Physician Service at 800-533-1564 (toll-free).
Cardiologists can see most patients within a week or less after the appointment request. Patients with urgent issues can usually be seen within 24 hours after their requests.
Cardiovascular Course Catalog 2020
Cardiology, Pediatric Cardiology and Cardiovascular Surgery Staff and Services Directory
Resources for medical professionals
Mayo Clinic Heart Care
Heart Rhythm Services
Medical Professionals Videos
Continuous professional development
Mayo Clinic offers continuous professional development courses in a learner-centered interactive format. Mayo Clinic courses are delivered by faculty who are renowned in their field and passionate about education. Participation in Mayo Clinic continuous professional development courses offers timely evidence-based practices that can be implemented immediately.
- Cardiology, Adult Congenital Heart Disease Fellowship (Minnesota)
- Cardiology, Advanced Adult Fellowship (Minnesota)
- Cardiology, Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology Fellowship (Florida)
- Cardiology, Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology Fellowship (Minnesota)
- Cardiology, Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology Fellowship (Arizona)
- Cardiology, Echocardiology Fellowship (Arizona)
- Cardiology, Echocardiology Fellowship (Minnesota)
- Cardiology, Interventional Fellowship (Minnesota)
- Cardiology, Preventive Fellowship (Minnesota)
- Cardiology, Vascular Medicine Fellowship (Minnesota)
- Cardiovascular Diseases Fellowship (Arizona)
- Cardiovascular Diseases Fellowship (Florida)
- Cardiovascular Diseases Fellowship (Minnesota)
June 15, 2021