Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments with related expertise
Doctors who perform this procedure
Displaying 1-1 out of 1 doctors available
- Rochester, MN
Areas of focus:
Transcatheter aortic valve replacement, Minimally invasive heart surgery, Echocardiogram, Robotic surgery
Mayo Clinic cardiac surgeons and researchers study potential new techniques, advanced technology and new developments for minimally invasive heart surgery and techniques in clinical and laboratory research. Learn more about research in the Cardiovascular Research Center.
See a list of publications about minimally invasive heart surgery by Mayo Clinic doctors on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
View all physicians • All Locations
Minimally invasive heart surgery care at Mayo Clinic
Feb. 25, 2020
- What is heart surgery? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health-topics/heart-surgery. Accessed Aug. 23, 2019.
- Aldea GS. Minimally invasive aortic and mitral valve surgery. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed Aug. 23, 2019.
- Doenst T, et al. The opportunities and limitations of minimally invasive cardiac surgery. Deutsches Ärzteblatt International. 2017;114:777.
- Cuartas MM, et al. Mitral valve repair: Robotic and other minimally invasive procedures. Progress in Cardiovascular Diseases. 2017;60:394.
- Sellke FW, et al., eds. Minimally invasive, mini-thoracotomy aortic valve replacement. In: Atlas of Cardiac Surgical Techniques. 2nd ed. Elsevier; 2019. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Aug. 27, 2019.
- Office of Patient Education. Minimally invasive heart surgery. Mayo Clinic; 2012.
- Riggin EA. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic. Aug. 9, 2019.
News from Mayo Clinic
Products & Services
Minimally invasive heart surgery