Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments with related expertise
Mayo Clinic cardiac surgeons and researchers actively study potential new techniques, advanced technology and new developments for minimally invasive heart surgery and techniques in clinical and laboratory research. Learn more about research in the Cardiovascular Research Center.
See a list of publications by Mayo Clinic authors on minimally invasive heart surgery on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Minimally invasive heart surgery care at Mayo Clinic
Dec. 29, 2017
- What is heart surgery? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/hs. Accessed May 26, 2016.
- Aldea GS. Minimally invasive aortic and mitral valve surgery. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 26, 2016.
- Aldea GS. Minimally invasive coronary artery bypass graft surgery: Definitions and technical issues. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 26, 2016.
- Vernick W, et al. Robotic and minimally invasive cardiac surgery. Anesthesiology Clinics. 2013;31:299.
- Pope NH, et al. Minimally invasive valve surgery. Journal of Cardiovascular Translational Research. 2014;7:387.
- Lamelas J, et al. Minimally invasive valve surgery: When less is more. Seminars in Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery. 2015;27:49.
- Lee R. Surgical ablation to prevent recurrent atrial fibrillation. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 26, 2016.
- Connolly HM. Surgical and percutaneous closure of atrial septal defects in adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 25, 2016.
- Barbara Woodward Lips Patient Education Center. Minimally invasive heart surgery. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2012.
- Riggin EA. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. June 3, 2016.
Minimally invasive heart surgery