Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments with related expertise
Doctors and surgeons trained in heart rhythm disorders are working to improve care for people living with arrhythmias.
Areas of investigation include:
- Leading a multicenter, multinational trial to compare drug therapy with cardiac ablation for people with arrhythmia
- Designing innovative catheters to deliver ablation, including a state-of-the-art cryoablation balloon
- Understanding the genetics of heart arrhythmias
- Improving technology and techniques used to diagnose arrhythmias
Learn more about heart rhythm disease research and cardiovascular research at Mayo Clinic.
See a list of publications by Mayo Clinic authors on EP studies on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
EP study care at Mayo Clinic
Dec. 28, 2016
- Homoud MK. Invasive cardiac electrophysiology studies. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 29, 2016.
- Zipes DP, et al., eds. Mapping and imaging. In: Cardiac Electrophysiology: From Cell to Bedside. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 29, 2016.
- Electrophysiology studies (EPS). American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/Arrhythmia/SymptomsDiagnosisMonitoringofArrhythmia/Electrophysiology-Studies-EPS_UCM_447319_Article.jsp#.V7yn9Njrvcs. Accessed Aug. 19, 2016.
- Bonow RO, et al., eds. Diagnosis of cardiac arrhythmias. In: Braunwald's Heart Disease: A Textbook of Cardiovascular Medicine. 10th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2015. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 29, 2016.
- Schwanke BR (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 16, 2016.
- Brown A. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. July 6, 2016.
- Ganz LI. Overview of catheter ablation of cardiac arrhythmias. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 29, 2016.
- Deshmukh AJ (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Oct. 18, 2016.