Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments with related expertise
Researchers in the Integrative Medicine and Health are committed to developing evidence-based treatments that can be combined with conventional medicine. Among other things, they have studied use of acupuncture for:
- Noncyclical breast pain
- Hot flashes
- Low-back pain and sciatica
- Prevention of nausea in people having cardiac surgery
See a list of publications about acupuncture by Mayo Clinic doctors on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
View all physicians • Minnesota
Acupuncture care at Mayo Clinic
March 26, 2021
- Acupuncture: In Depth. National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine. https://nccih.nih.gov/health/acupuncture/introduction. Accessed Nov. 9, 2017.
- Acupuncture. Natural Medicines. https://naturalmedicines.therapeuticresearch.com/. Accessed Nov. 9, 2017.
- Ahn AC. Acupuncture. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed Nov. 9, 2017.
- AskMayoExpert. Acupuncture. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2017.
- Riggin EA. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Sept. 26, 2017.
- Bauer BA (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Nov. 13, 2017.
- Barbara Woodward Lips Patient Education Center. What you need to know about acupuncture? Rochester, Minn. Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2015.