Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments with related expertise
Areas that research this procedure
Doctors and surgeons trained in voice feminizing therapy and surgery are working to improve care for people living with gender dysphoria.
See a list of publications about voice feminizing therapy and surgery by Mayo Clinic doctors on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Voice feminizing therapy and surgery care at Mayo Clinic
Sept. 28, 2019
- Coleman, et al. Standards of Care for the Health of Transsexual, Transgender and Gender Nonconforming People. 7th ver. World Professional Association for Transgender Health; 2012. https://www.wpath.org/publications/soc. Accessed March 22, 2019.
- Tangpricha V, et al. Transgender women: Evaluation and management. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed March 22, 2019.
- Erickson-Schroth L, ed. Trans Bodies, Trans Selves: A Resource for the Transgender Community. Oxford University Press; 2014.
- Hancock AB, et al. Transgender voice and communication treatment: A retrospective chart review of 25 cases. International Journal of Language and Communication Disorders. 2013; doi: 10.1111/j.1460-6984.2012.00185.x.
- Meister J, et al. Pitch elevation in male-to-female transgender persons — the Wurzburg approach. Journal of Voice. 2017;31:244.
- Van Damme S, et al. The effectiveness of pitch-raising surgery in male-to-female transsexuals: A systematic review. Journal of Voice. 2017; doi: 10.1016/j.jvoice.2016.04.002.
- Orbelo DM (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic. July 30, 2019.
- Mills M, et al. The Voice Book for Trans and Non-Binary People: A Practical Guide to Creating and Sustaining Authentic Voice and Communication. Jessica Kingsley Publishers; 2017.
- Song TE, et al. Transgender phonosurgery: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Otolaryngology — Head and Neck Surgery. 2017; doi: 10.1177/0194599817697050.
- More E, et al. Comparison of cricothyroid approximation and glottoplasty for surgical voice feminization in male-to-female transsexuals. The Layrngoscope. 2018; doi: 10.1002/lary.27172.
Products & Services
Voice feminizing therapy and surgery