Mayo Clinic's approach
- Experience. Over the years, Mayo Clinic doctors have helped thousands of people begin or expand their families. Vasectomy reversals are currently performed at Mayo Clinic's campus in Minnesota by a doctor trained in both traditional microscopic and robotic-assisted vasectomy reversal techniques.
- Teamwork. A compassionate team of experts can assess your health and your partner's and help you decide on a treatment plan that best fits your needs and preferences. Dr. Trost's team works closely with Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility to provide complete and thorough care for both the male and female partners.
- Research. The Mayo Clinic team actively assesses and incorporates the latest evidence regarding fertility to give you the best outcomes with the least unnecessary testing and delay.
- Competitive pricing. Mayo Clinic offers state-of-the-art surgical techniques with competitive pricing available for many procedures, including sperm extraction, varicocelectomy and microsurgical vasectomy reversal. Estimated pricing may be obtained by contacting the business office.
- One-stop care. A detailed itinerary for appointments, tests and procedures lets us make the most of your time at the clinic. We also run all tests and labs ourselves, which means tests taken in the morning can be reviewed the same afternoon.
- A personal approach. We get to know you and your concerns completely, and explain your options in plain language. Long experience has shown us that understanding and considering all your issues as we develop a treatment plan together simply works better.
Expertise and rankings
- Experience. Over the years, Mayo Clinic doctors have helped thousands of people begin or expand their families.
- Advanced technology. At Mayo Clinic, male infertility is treated by a urologist with training in both traditional microsurgical and robotic-assisted infertility techniques. Procedures performed include vasectomy reversal, varicocelectomy, microscopic testicular sperm extraction (microTESE), testicular sperm extraction (TESE), microepididymal sperm aspiration (MESA), testicular biopsy, vasography and transrectal ultrasonography with seminal vesiculography, among others.
Nationally recognized expertise
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks among the Best Hospitals for urology in the U.S. News & World Report rankings. Mayo Clinic reproductive endocrinologists and male fertility experts are fellowship trained and are leaders in their field. They will directly work with you to improve your chances for fertility and successful conception — whether by medication, surgery, in vitro fertilization (IVF) or another method.
Locations, travel and lodging
Mayo Clinic has major campuses in Phoenix and Scottsdale, Arizona; Jacksonville, Florida; and Rochester, Minnesota. The Mayo Clinic Health System has dozens of locations in several states.
For more information on visiting Mayo Clinic, choose your location below:
Costs and insurance
Mayo Clinic works with hundreds of insurance companies and is an in-network provider for millions of people.
In most cases, Mayo Clinic doesn't require a physician referral. Some insurers require referrals, or may have additional requirements for certain medical care. All appointments are prioritized on the basis of medical need.
Learn more about appointments at Mayo Clinic.
Please contact your insurance company to verify medical coverage and to obtain any needed authorization prior to your visit. Often, your insurer's customer service number is printed on the back of your insurance card.
Explore Mayo Clinic studies testing new treatments, interventions and tests as a means to prevent, detect, treat or manage this disease.
Dec. 30, 2017