Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments with related expertise
Nov. 13, 2019
- Implantable cardioverter defibrillator. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/dci/Diseases/icd/icd_all.html. Accessed April 8, 2019.
- Ganz LI. General principles of the implantable cardioverter-defibrillator. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed April 8, 2019.
- Epstein AE, et al. 2012 ACC/AHA/HRS focused update incorporated into the ACC/AHA/HRS 2008 guidelines for device-based therapy of cardiac rhythm abnormalities. Circulation. 2013;127:e283.
- Devices that may interfere with implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs). American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/Arrhythmia/PreventionTreatmentofArrhythmia/Devices-that-may-Interfere-with-Implantable-Cardioverter-Defibrillators-ICDs_UCM_448464_Article.jsp. Accessed April 8, 2019.
- Living with your implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD). http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/Arrhythmia/PreventionTreatmentofArrhythmia/Living-With-Your-Implantable-Cardioverter-Defibrillator-ICD_UCM_448462_Article.jsp. American Heart Association. Accessed April 8, 2019.
- AskMayoExpert. Implanted cardiac devices. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2015. Accessed April 8, 2019.
- Ganz LI. Implantable cardioverter-defibrillators: Complications. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed April 8, 2019.
- Al-Khatib SM, et al. 2017 AHA/ACC/HRS guideline for management of patients with ventricular arrhythmias and the prevention of sudden cardiac death. Heart Rhythm. 2018;15:e73.
- Wilcox ME, et al. Recent developments in the subcutaneous ICD. Trends in Cardiovascular Medicine. 2016;26:526.
- Chue CD, et al. Efficacy and safety of the subcutaneous implantable cardioverter defibrillator: A systematic review. Heart. 2017;103:1315.
- Defibrillators. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health-topics/defibrillators. Accessed April 8, 2019.
- Ferrick AM, et al. Sports and driving with an implantable cardioverter-defibrillator. Cardiology in Review. 2017;25:36.
- McEvedy SM, et al. Implantable cardioverter defibrillator knowledge and end-of-life device deactivation: A cross-sectional survey. Palliative Medicine. 2018;32:156.
- Asirvatham S (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. June 26, 2019.
Products & Services
Implantable cardioverter-defibrillators (ICDs)