Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments with related expertise
Research is the key to developing and evaluating evidence-based complementary treatments. Mayo Clinic researchers conduct numerous clinical studies involving complementary and integrative medicine. Read more about Mayo's Integrative Medicine and Health Research Program.
See a list of publications about hypnosis by Mayo Clinic doctors on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Hypnosis care at Mayo Clinic
Nov. 01, 2018
- AskMayoExpert. Hypnosis. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2012.
- Frequently asked questions about hypnosis. American Society of Clinical Hypnosis. http://www.asch.net/Public/GeneralInfoonHypnosis/FAQsAboutHypnosis/tabid/161/Default.aspx. Accessed Oct. 8, 2018.
- Hypnotherapy. Natural Medicines. https://naturalmedicines.therapeuticresearch.com. Accessed Oct. 13, 2018.
- Position statement regarding hypnosis. American Psychiatric Association. https://www.psychiatry.org/home/search-results?k=hypnosis. Accessed Oct. 8, 2018.
- Papadakis MA, et al., eds. Integrative medicine. In: Current Medical Diagnosis & Treatment 2019. 58th ed. New York, N.Y.: McGraw-Hill Education; 2019. https://accessmedicine.mhmedical.com. Accessed Oct. 8, 2018.
- Provencal SC, et al. Hypnosis for burn wound care pain and anxiety: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Burns. In press.
- Madden K, et al. Hypnosis for pain management during labour and childbirth (review). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. http://www.thecochranelibrary.com. Accessed Oct. 8, 2018.
- Stewart JH. Hypnosis in contemporary medicine. Mayo Clinic Proceedings. 2005;80:511.
- Selecting a qualified professional. American Society of Clinical Hypnosis. http://www.asch.net/Public/GeneralInfoonHypnosis/SelectingaQualifiedProfessional/tabid/137/Default.aspx. Accessed Oct. 8, 2018.
- Sawchuk CN (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Oct. 15, 2018.