Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments with related expertise
The physicians within the Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine who see patients on a daily basis are also active in clinical research. Research efforts link patients with opportunity to participate in research studies related to their conditions. Learn more about pulmonary research at Mayo Clinic.
See a list of publications by Mayo Clinic authors on bronchoscopy on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Bronchoscopy care at Mayo Clinic
Dec. 30, 2017
- AskMayoExpert. Bronchoscopy. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research, 2015.
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. What is bronchoscopy? http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/bron. Accessed Jan. 20, 2016.
- Barbara Woodward Lips Patient Education Center. Bronchoscopy: Looking at your airways. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2014.
- Du Rand IA, et al. British Thoracic Society guideline for diagnostic flexible bronchoscopy in adults. Thorax 2013;68:i1.
- Islam S. Flexible bronchoscopy: Indications and contraindications. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 20, 2016.
- Islam S. Flexible bronchoscopy: Equipment, procedure, and complications. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 20, 2016.
- Spiro SG, et al. Bronchoscopy. In: Clinical Respiratory Medicine. 4th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Jan. 20, 2016.
- Mullon JJ (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 22, 2016.
- Kern RM (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 22, 2016.
- Andersen HA, Fontana RS. Transbronchoscopic lung biopsy for diffuse pulmonary diseases: technique and results in 450 cases. Chest. 1972;62:125.
- About the American Association for Bronchology and Interventional Pulmonology. http://aabronchology.org/about/. Accessed Jan. 25, 2016.
- Brown AY. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 26, 2016.