Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments with related expertise
Areas that research this procedure
Researchers in endocrinology are active in clinical studies of treatment options for endocrine disorders and adrenal gland conditions. Read more about endocrinology research.
See a list of publications about adrenalectomy by Mayo Clinic doctors on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
View all physicians • All Locations
Adrenalectomy care at Mayo Clinic
Dec. 04, 2020
- Urologic conditions. What are adrenal gland cancers? American Urological Association. https://www.urologyhealth.org/urologic-conditions/adrenal-gland-cancers/printable-version. Accessed Aug. 20, 2017.
- Wein AJ, et al., eds. Surgery of adrenal glands. In: Campbell-Walsh Urology. 11th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2016. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Aug. 21, 2017.
- Laparoscopic adrenal gland removal (adrenalectomy) patient information from Sages. Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons. http://www.sages.org/publications/patient-information/patient-information-for-laparoscopic-adrenal-gland-removal-adrenalectomy-from-sages/. Accessed Aug. 21, 2017.
- Morrow ES. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic. Nov. 16, 2020.
- Nwariaku F. Adrenalectomy techniques. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed Nov. 16, 2020.
- Nippoldt TB (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 29, 2017.
- Nwariaku F. Adrenalectomy: Minimally invasive surgery (MIS) and traditional open procedures. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed July 9, 2017.
- Barbara Woodward Lips Patient Education Center. Adrenalectomy. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research. 2017.
- Economopoulos KP, et al. Laparoscopic versus robotic adrenalectomy: A comprehensive meta-analysis. International Journal of Surgery. 2017;38:95.
- Conzo G, et al. Minimally invasive approach for adrenal lesions: Systematic review of laparoscopic versus retroperitoneoscopic adrenalectomy and assessment of risk factors for complications. International Journal of Surgery. 2016;28:S118.
- McKenzie TJ (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Sept. 5, 2017.
Products & Services