Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments with related expertise
Mayo Clinic surgeons continue to compare the benefits of robotic surgery and traditional laparoscopic surgery, and they're working on innovative techniques to perform hysterectomies. The Mayo Clinic Cancer Center is studying hysterectomy treatment options for gynecologic cancers.
See a list of publications about hysterectomy by Mayo Clinic authors on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Abdominal hysterectomy care at Mayo Clinic
July 25, 2019
- Walters MD. Choosing a route of hysterectomy for benign uterine disease. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed Jan. 29, 2019.
- Hysterectomy. First consult. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Dec. 4, 2015.
- Hysterectomy. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office on Women's Health. https://www.womenshealth.gov/a-z-topics/hysterectomy. Accessed Jan. 29, 2019.
- Baggish MS. Robotic surgery in gynecology. Atlas of Pelvic Anatomy and Gynecologic Surgery. 4th ed. Saunders Elsevier. Philadelphia, Pa: Elsevier; 2016. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Dec. 4, 2015.
- Stovall T, et al. Abdominal hysterectomy. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed Jan. 29, 2019.
- Bakkum-Gamez J (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Dec. 14, 2015.
- Frequently asked questions. Special procedures FAQ008. Hysterectomy. American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. http://www.acog.org/~/media/For%20Patients/faq008.pdf?dmc=1&ts=20121106T1337303494. Accessed Jan. 29, 2019.
- The rise and rise of robotic hysterectomy. BMJ. 2013;346:f1116.
- Warner KJ. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Oct. 23, 2018.
- Pruthi S (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Dec. 10, 2015.