Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments with related expertise
Mayo Clinic surgeons continue to compare the benefits of robotic surgery and traditional laparoscopic surgery, and they're working on innovative techniques to perform hysterectomies. The Mayo Clinic Cancer Center is studying hysterectomy treatment options for gynecologic cancers.
See a list of publications about hysterectomy by Mayo Clinic authors on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Abdominal hysterectomy care at Mayo Clinic
Jan. 31, 2018
- Walters M. Choosing a route of hysterectomy for benign disease. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 4, 2015.
- Hysterectomy. First consult. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Dec. 4, 2015.
- Hysterectomy fact sheet. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office on Women's Health. http://womenshealth.gov/publications/our-publications/fact-sheet/hysterectomy.html. Accessed Dec. 4, 2015.
- Baggish MS. Robotic surgery in gynecology. Atlas of Pelvic Anatomy and Gynecologic Surgery. 4th ed. Saunders Elsevier. Philadelphia, Pa: Elsevier; 2016. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Dec. 4, 2015.
- Stovall T, et al. Abdominal hysterectomy. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 4, 2015.
- Bakkum-Gamez J (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Dec. 14, 2015.
- Frequently asked questions. Special procedures FAQ008. Hysterectomy. American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. http://www.acog.org/~/media/For%20Patients/faq008.pdf?dmc=1&ts=20121106T1337303494. Accessed Dec. 4, 2015.
- The rise and rise of robotic hysterectomy. BMJ. 2013;346:f1116.
- Cook AJ. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Sept. 24, 2015.
- Pruthi S (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Dec. 10, 2015.
- Laughlin-Tommaso SK, et al. Cardiovascular and metabolic morbidity after hysterectomy with ovarian conservation: A cohort study. Menopause. In press. Accessed Jan. 15, 2018.