Below are current clinical trials.2 studies in Mouth cancer
(open studies only).
Filter this list of studies by location, status and more.
The purpose of this study is to compare the toxic side effects and disease outcomes of intensity modulated photon therapy versus intensity modulated proton therapy. Participants may also receive chemotherapy along with radiation therapy.
Albert Lea, Minn., Mankato, Minn., Rochester, Minn.
This phase II trial studies how well radiation therapy with or without cisplatin works in treating patients with stage III-IV squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck who have undergone surgery. Radiation therapy uses high energy x-rays to kill tumor cells and shrink tumors. Drugs used in chemotherapy, such as cisplatin, work in different ways to stop the growth of tumor cells, either by killing the cells, by stopping them from dividing, or by stopping them from spreading. It is not yet known if radiation therapy is more effective with or without cisplatin in treating patients with squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck.
Aug. 11, 2017
- Flint PW, et al. Malignant neoplasms of the oral cavity. In: Cummings Otolaryngology: Head & Neck Surgery. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2015. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Oct. 26, 2015.
- Head and neck cancers. Fort Washington, Pa.: National Comprehensive Cancer Network. http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp. Accessed Oct. 26, 2015.
- What you need to know about oral cancer. National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/publications/patient-education/wyntk-oral-cancer. Accessed Oct. 26, 2015.
- Lip and oral cavity cancer treatment (PDQ). National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/types/head-and-neck/hp/lip-mouth-treatment-pdq. Accessed Oct. 26, 2015.
- The oral cancer exam. National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research. http://www.nidcr.nih.gov/OralHealth/Topics/OralCancer/TheOralCancerExam.htm. Accessed Oct. 26, 2015.
- Cancer-related fatigue. Fort Washington, Pa.: National Comprehensive Cancer Network. http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp. Accessed Oct. 26, 2015.
- Erbitux (prescribing information). Branchburg, N.J.: Eli Lilly and Company; 2015. http://www.erbitux.com. Accessed Oct. 27, 2015.
- AskMayoExpert. Head and neck cancers. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2015.
- Cook AJ. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 30, 2016.
- Van Abel, KM. (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. June 14, 2016.