Mayo Clinic has a long history of important contributions to advances in the diagnosis and treatment of liver disease. Current efforts include studies of the incidence and causes of liver disease, the development of novel diagnostic tools, and clinical trials of new treatments.
Read more about research happening in these Mayo Clinic laboratories:
See a list of publications by Mayo Clinic doctors on liver disease on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
July 15, 2014
- Sheng Cao, M.D.
- Elizabeth J. Carey, M.D.
- Gregory J. Gores, M.D.
- John (Jack) B. Gross Jr., M.D.
- Denise M. Harnois, D.O.
- J. Eileen Hay, M.B.,Ch.B.
- Samar H. Ibrahim, M.B., Ch.B.
- Patrick S. Kamath, M.D.
- Andrew P. Keaveny, M.D.
- Michael J. Krowka, M.D.
- Barry G. Rosser Jr., M.D.
- Nicholas F. LaRusso, M.D.
- Konstantinos N. Lazaridis, M.D.
- Scott L. Nyberg, M.D., Ph.D.
- Tushar C. Patel, M.B., Ch.B.
- John J. Poterucha, M.D.
- Jorge Rakela, M.D.
- Lewis R. Roberts, M.B., Ch.B., Ph.D
- Raj Satyanarayana, M.D.
- Vijay Shah, M.D.
- Jayant A. Talwalkar, M.D.
- Hugo E. Vargas, M.D.
- Kymberly D. Watt, M.D.
- Russell H. Wiesner, M.D.
- Curry MP, et al. Hepatomegaly: Differential diagnosis and evaluation. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 25, 2014.
- Goldman L, et al. Goldman's Cecil Medicine. 24th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed March 25, 2014.
- AskMayoExpert. When should cirrhosis be suspected? Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2013.
- Friedman LS. Approach to the patient with abnormal liver biochemical and function tests. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 25, 2014.
- Woreta TA, et al. Evaluation of abnormal liver tests. Medical Clinics of North America. 2014;98:1.
- AskMayoExpert. What is magnetic resonance elastography (MRE) and what are the indications for an MRE examination? Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2013.
- Feldman M, et al. Sleisenger & Fordtran's Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease: Pathophysiology, Diagnosis, Management. 9th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2010. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed March 25, 2014.
- Larson AM. Hepatotoxicity due to herbal medications and dietary supplements. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 25, 2014.
- Viral hepatitis: A through E and beyond. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/viralhepatitis/index.aspx. Accessed March 25, 2014.