Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments that treat this condition
Areas that research this condition
Herniated disk care at Mayo Clinic
Nov. 23, 2016
- Herniated disc. American Association of Neurological Surgeons. http://www.aans.org/patient%20information/conditions%20and%20treatments/herniated%20disc.aspx. Accessed July 19, 2016.
- Herniated disk in the lower back. American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00534. Accessed July 19, 2016.
- AskMayoExpert. Herniated disc. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2016.
- Goldman L, et al., eds. Mechanical and other lesions of the spine, nerve roots and spinal cord. In: Goldman-Cecil Medicine. 25th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2016. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 19, 2016.
- Hsu PS, et al. Acute lumbosacral radiculopathy: Pathophysiology, clinical features and diagnosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 19, 2016.
- Cauda equine syndrome. American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons. http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00362. Accessed July 19, 2016.
- Robinson J, et al. Treatment of cervical radiculopathy. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 19, 2016.
- Levin K, et al. Acute lumbrosacral radiculopathy: Treatment and prognosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 19, 2016.
- Low back pain. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/backpain/detail_backpain.htm. Accessed Aug. 3, 2016.
- Chronic low-back pain and complementary health approaches: What the science says. National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health. https://nccih.nih.gov/health/providers/digest/chronic-low-back-pain-science. Accessed Aug. 3, 2016.