A person asks a doctor about the results of an imaging test for a lung condition.
Note: This content was created prior to the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic and does not demonstrate proper pandemic protocols. Please follow all recommended Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines for masking and social distancing.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., and Mayo Clinic in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Ariz., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for pulmonology by U.S. News and World Report. Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., is ranked highly performing for pulmonology by U.S. News & World Report.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn. and Mayo Clinic in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Ariz., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for respiratory disorders by U.S. News & World Report.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., Mayo Clinic in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Ariz., and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for cancer by U.S. News & World Report.
Learn more about Mayo Clinic's quality rankings.
Nationally recognized expertise
Mayo Clinic is recognized for high-quality pulmonary, critical care and sleep medicine by a variety of national organizations.
- Alpha-1 Foundation. Mayo Clinic is an Alpha-1 Foundation Clinical Resource Center.
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine. The Mayo Clinic Center for Sleep Medicine is accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine.
- Cure HHT. The Cure HHT foundation has designated Mayo Clinic as an hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia (HHT) Center of Excellence.
- Cystic Fibrosis Center. Mayo Clinic is a designated Cystic Fibrosis Care Center for children and adults.
- LAM Foundation. Mayo Clinic is a lymphangioleimyomatosis (LAM) clinic, a designation granted by the LAM Foundation to 34 U.S. medical institutions that have doctors with special interest in treating and researching rare lung diseases.
- Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation. Mayo Clinic is a Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation Care Center.
- Pulmonary Hypertension Association (PHA). Mayo Clinic is one of a number of select U.S. medical centers specially designated as a PHA-accredited Center of Comprehensive Care. Mayo Clinic has the expertise and resources needed to diagnose and treat people with pulmonary vascular disease.
- Rare Lung Diseases Consortium. Mayo Clinic is one of 29 U.S. medical centers that are part of this consortium.
- World Association of Sarcoidosis and Other Granulomatous Disorders (WASOG). Mayo Clinic is a designated WASOG Sarcoidosis Center of Excellent.
These designations by national medical groups are recognition that Mayo Clinic meets strict criteria developed by invited subject matter experts and patient advocates, focusing on whole-person care for best possible outcomes and improved quality of life. At Mayo Clinic, clinical expertise is integrated with established and experimental diagnostic and therapeutic methods.