Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for respiratory disorders by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic also ranks among the Best Children's Hospitals for respiratory disorders.
Nationally recognized expertise
Mayo Clinic is recognized for high-quality pulmonary, critical care and sleep medicine by a variety of national organizations.
- Mayo Clinic is one of 47 U.S. medical centers that have received special designation as a Pulmonary Hypertension Care Center by the Pulmonary Hypertension Association.
- Mayo Clinic is one of 29 U.S. medical centers that are part of the Rare Lung Diseases Consortium.
- Mayo Clinic is also a lymphangioleimyomatosis (LAM) clinic, a designation granted by the LAM Foundation to 34 U.S. medical institutions that have doctors with special interest in treating and researching rare lung diseases.
- Mayo Clinic is a certified Cystic Fibrosis Care Center for children and adults.
- Mayo Clinic is a Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation Care Center.
- The Center for Sleep Medicine is accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine.
These designations by national medical groups are recognition that Mayo Clinic meets strict criteria developed by invited subject matter experts and patient advocates, focusing on whole-person care for best possible outcomes and an improved quality of life. Clinical expertise is integrated with established and experimental diagnostic and therapeutic methods.