Mayo Clinic clinician-researchers and scientists investigate better ways to prevent, diagnose and treat all types of cardiovascular disease. The main focus is on conducting translational cardiovascular research, in which findings from the lab and clinical trials are applied to address unmet patient needs.
Our researchers study a wide range of cardiovascular conditions, from common disorders such as heart failure to rare conditions such as hypoplastic left heart syndrome. Mayo Clinic has an extensive effort in cardiovascular research, spanning numerous centers, programs and labs across its campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota.
Explore research labs.
Research centers and programs
See a list of publications about cardiovascular disease by Mayo Clinic doctors on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
View all physicians • Minnesota
Aug. 28, 2021
- Constans DA (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic. Jan. 24, 2019.
- Melcher CL (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic. July 9, 2018.
- Eleid MF, et al. Robotic percutaneous coronary intervention: Making gains with experience. Circulation: Cardiovascular Interventions. 2020; doi:10.1161/circinterventions.120.009237.
- U.S. News Best Hospitals 2020-21. U.S. News & World Report. http://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/rankings. Accessed Oct. 27, 2020.
- IAC echocardiography accredited facilities. Intersocietal Accreditation Commission. https://www.intersocietal.org/iac/facilitylist/search.htm. Accessed Oct. 27, 2020.
- Find a program. Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs. https://caahep.org/students/Find-a-Program.aspx. Accessed Oct. 27, 2020.
- Top 25 internal medicine residencies, ranked by physicians. Becker's Hospital Review. https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/hospital-physician-relationships/top-25-internal-medicine-residencies-ranked-by-physicians.html. Accessed Oct. 27, 2020.
- Residency navigator/internal medicine. Doximity. https://residency.doximity.com/specialties/39-internal-medicine. Accessed Oct. 27, 2020.
- Riggin EA. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic. April 1, 2020.
- Riggin EA. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic. Oct. 30, 2020.
- Riggin EA. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic. Nov. 14, 2019.
- Riggin EA. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic. April 28, 2020.
- Riggin EA. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic. April 21, 2020.
- ACHA ACHD Accreditation Program. Adult Congenital Heart Association. https://www.achaheart.org/provider-support/accreditation-program/. Accessed Nov. 5, 2020.