Dilip Pillai, MD MRCP(UK) is a Cardiovascular disease specialist with an interest in Interventional cardiology and coronary stent implantation.
- Specializes in managing complex coronary artery disease utilizing advanced tools for intervention.
- Performing coronary interventions exclusively through the wrist for patient comfort and safety.
- Expertise in evaluating complex chest pain syndromes.
- Active participation in managing patients coming in with heart attacks and shock.
- In addition to his clinical interests, he is actively involved in teaching and mentoring fellows in the cardiac catheterization laboratory.
- Coronary angiography
- Coronary angioplasty and stenting
- Coronary artery stent placement
- Coronary physiology assessment
- Mechanical circulatory support device implantation
- Rotational atherectomy
- Coronary artery disease
- Complex coronary interventions
- Radial artery access for coronary interventions
- Coronary artery physiology
- Acute myocardial infarction and cardiogenic shock
Mayo Clinic locations
Clinical FellowshipUniversity Hospitals of Cleveland/Case Western Reserve University
Clinical FellowshipCase Western Reserve University/MetroHealth
ResidentCase Western Reserve University/MetroHealth
InternshipCase Western Reserve University
Registrar in MedicineRoyal College of Physicians of London
Senior ResidentJawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research
MDCoimbatore Medical College, University of Madras
MBBSJawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Pondicherry, India
Activities and honors
Awards and honors
Excellence in Teaching Award, Division of CardiologyMetroHealth Medical Center
Excellence in Teaching Award, Department of MedicineMetroHealth Medical Center
Elected as Fellow of American Society of Angiography and InterventionsSociety for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions
Elected as Fellow in American College of CardiologyAmerican College of Cardiology
- 2005 - 2017
MemberSociety of Coronary Angiography and Intervention
MemberAmerican Heart Association
- 2003 - 2017
MemberAmerican College of Cardiology
MemberSociety of Hospital Medicine
MemberAmerican College of Physicians
MemberAmerican Medical Association
- 1997 - 2017
MemberRoyal College of Physicians of London
MemberBritish Medical Assocation
MemberIndian Medical Assocation
Physician MemberAssociation of Physicians of India