Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments with related expertise
Areas that research this procedure
Mayo Clinic ear, nose and throat (ENT) specialists study ways to improve care for people having nasal surgery.
See a list of publications about nasal surgery by Mayo Clinic doctors on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Septoplasty care at Mayo Clinic
Aug. 14, 2019
- Septoplasty. American Society of Plastic Surgeons. https://www.plasticsurgery.org/reconstructive-procedures/septoplasty. Accessed June 17, 2019.
- Most SP, et al. Septoplasty: Basic and advanced techniques. Facial Plastic Surgery Clinics of North America. 2017;25:161.
- Deviated septum. American Academy of Otolaryngology — Head and Neck Surgery. https://www.enthealth.org/conditions/deviated-septum/. Accessed June 17, 2019.
- Bhattacharyya N. Clinical presentation, diagnosis, and treatment of nasal obstruction. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed June 19, 2019.
- Smoking. American Society of Anesthesiologists. https://www.asahq.org/whensecondscount/preparing-for-surgery/risks/smoking/. Accessed June 17, 2019.
- Flint PW, et al. Nasal septum. In: Cummings Otolaryngology: Head & Neck Surgery. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2015. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed June 20, 2019.
- Shah J, et al. Techniques in septoplasty: Traditional versus endoscopic approaches. Otolaryngology Clinics of North America. 2018;51:909.
- Bugten V, et al. Quality of life and symptoms before and after nasal septoplasty compared with healthy individuals. BMC Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders. 2016;16:1.